Zero Cost MBA ‘Envisioning 21st century global manager’: Overview
My name is Ankit Khandelwal and I am from India. A major in Chemical Engineering, in the early 2012, I have realized my potential towards becoming an interdisciplinary global business manager. I spent two months time to find out what skills I might need to become one such person. Then, from May 2012- June 2014, I have worked full-time on ‘Envisioning 21st century global manager’ project, a customized project to equip me with the skill-sets needed to become a 21st century global manager. Faced with issues of money and resources, this project has been done with minimum resources and inventively using the free available educational material online. Using OCW (OpenCourseWare), MOOC (Massive Open Online courses) platform, I have taken courses from different universities (general management as well as interdisciplinary sectors like trade negotiations, urban planning, public policy, climate change, emergency management etc), tried to self-learn 3 foreign languages and extensively studied newspaper from 8 different places for regular business happenings around the globe. I have tried to expand my outreach by reaching every corner of the world through many projects, study of the regions or through expansion of networks. Equally important was my study of different cultures to prepare myself for negotiating/working in the multicultural environment (political/social and ground realities).
After 2 years, facing many personal difficulties and putting my professional career at risk, I am glad to finish my ‘Envisioning 21st century global manager’ project.
So how I did this entire project? Just click on the following links:
– Concept phase: Call me a crazy person but years of hard work, participation in many conferences and having a good imagination gave me a realizing of my ability to become a global business manager. How? read here
– Idea gathering phase: Saying global manager does not mean, I will become one in instant. I have spent 2 months time to identify the skill-set of such person. What did I come out with? Read here
– Implementation phase: I have identified the skill-set, so what? The problem of achieving those skills were not an easy task. Read, how I overcome initial confusion and later decided to pursue journey on my own here
– Course Reviews
– Live projects to test skills in the real life situations
– Learning experiences with some memorable moments as shared with other learners around the world
– Globalization Tools developed: This page is still under construction